Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Downtown YMCA, part 2

According to Stormfax.comPunxsutawney Phil's weather prognostication accuracy is just 39%. I'm counting on his being wrong about today's wintry weather prediction. We in Columbus have had a few pretty days scattered among the soggy and gray ones, but the past few discouraging-looking days have tempted me to stay inside, almost derailing my walking routine. I am determined not to let that happen.


Yesterday's reconnaissance mission to opening day at the downtown Y left me anxious to try the brand new Landice Pro Sports Trainer treadmills inside the airy upstairs exercise room. The media screen was not connected yet, but the control panel let me see how many 1/4 mile laps I made on its virtual track, as well as how many calories I burned. Looking across the street at Country's Barbeque on Broad while walking was motivating, but the Hope for Haiti album's GREAT music kept me striding along...lip syncing the words and smiling through 3 miles. The 20-something girl next to me probably wondered if Beyonce' was working out next to her...or maybe not so much...

Did not try the sauna as I had planned, but did peek in at the pool. It is small: only 4 lanes and short -- 25 yards. I doubt that diving is allowed, as one nice racing dive might send a swimmer crashing into the other end of the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment