Monday, April 19, 2010

Student's Pets

This is an example of a student's use of a blog for a science web log.

4/16/2010 Friday

My friends found a caterpillar during recess – about 2:55 PM – on the playground at Key Elementary. They brought it into the classroom in their hands and gave it to me because they know that I love science.

I accepted the caterpillar because I enjoy taking care of all animals. I put it in a deep plastic, transparent, container. I added leaves, dirt, and a small bowl of water that had been part of a farm toy.

The caterpillar was about 1 ¾” long and light green with a dark green stripe that ran down the middle of his back from head to spinner. He had a white stripe on his left side. The spinner looked like a Tarantula’s spinner. He liked to poop a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment